My Reason for this post is my other half can’t eat regular ice cream & with a lack of flavous and options in the shops, I combined one of my partners favourite flavours.
So with some spare time you can make something tasty & I I mention vegan and dairy free that you can indulge on, With summer coming this’ll be a great treat for adults so I couldn’t think of a better time to start making Ice cream.
A boozy one at that. Hic! Oh and totally dairy free & vegan too.
It’s Time consuming to make if your churning yourself, But you can Do a no churn method, this is all made without an icecream maker, ( I know I know your thinking why) if i was going to have one it’d be which Best Buy Andrew james Ice cream maker but I don’t have one of them yet so I did the The self churn option.
Ingredients for the Chocolate icecream
Cocoa powder 2 Tbsp
coconut milk 1 can
honey 2 tbsp
Rum 2 tbsp I like to use ( deadmans fingers rum totally and utterly the best Tasting rum )
Ingredients for the vanilla Rum & raisin
Vanilla 1 Tbsp
coconut milk 2 cans
honey 4 tbsp
(Add some caramel drizzle for some indulgent sweetness)
Using The Hand churning method
1. Firstly Prior to making freeze your whisk and a bowl for 8 hours.
2. After which time, you can take your can of coconut milk and put into a pan simmer ( do not boil) until it starts to thicken.
(TIP as soon as lots of bubbles start to appear on the surface & it’s begun to thicken immediately take off the heat as it’ll be a custard like texture )
3. Take off the heat and add your honey and cocoa powder Stir until well mixed in, Put back on the heat and stir again until it has just started to thicken once again.
No churn option
1. Take pan off the heat and pour custard like mixture into an airtight oven/freezer proof container, leave to cool on the side covered for 2 hours
2. Once cool enough add your raisins and rum Put the airtight lid on & put into the freezer until it sets This takes approximately 2-4 hours.
Hand churning option
1. Take pan off the heat and pour custard like mixture into an airtight oven/freezer proof container, leave to cool on the side covered for 2 hours.
2. Once cool enough add your raisins and rum Put the airtight lid on & put into the freezer for 45 minutes. (by this time it should start to freeze up.
3. Take it out after the 45 minutes, stir with your whisk until smooth, once it’s smooth put back into the freezer (checking over 3 hours every 30 minutes) To Whisk it smooth as it starts to freeze. Once you’ve completed it should start to Leave in the freezer for a further 2 hours hours over night until set.
Now all that’s left to do is Tuck in.
Thank you for reading & Enjoy!
If you’d love like to Follow me on twitter please do @Tomirj
If you’ve tried my recipe I’d also love to. hear from you by commenting below