It’s that time of year again, for warm cosy nights in All things Spiced & Delicious.
Now this is a first for me and there’s always a first time for everything. I decided to give vegan baking a try something completely new to me.
Someone was kind enough to share one with me, A supermarket but I adapted & changed a few things to my needs because I didn’t wanted all the added extra ingredients.
After trying out my own recipe I’m pleased to say it came out better than I had hoped.
It’s Completely vegan and totally adaptable for anyone wishing to use it.
I did add raisins to mine but you can add what ever you wish to yours.
4 tbsp of golden syrup
120ml Almond Milk or Soya if you have nut allergies)
160g Self raising flour
1 tbsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp of cinnamon 1 tsp of all spice 1 tsp of ginger
1. Set oven to 170 ( Fan assisted )
2. Set aside 1 loaf tin lined with baking parchment
3. Add the milk oil vanilla essence & golden syrup into a bowl & mix well so it doesn’t separate.
4. Then add the sieved flour spices and sugar into another bowl stir so it’s blended well.
5. Make a well Add the wet mixture to the dry & mix well till combined.
6. Pour into prepared cake tin.
7. Bake for Approximately 30-40 or until skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the tin to cool completely.
Prep time 20 minutes baking time 30-40 minutes Total Time 60 minutes
The best thing about this bake for me was that my other half didn’t even notice the difference because I didn’t say it was Vegan until afterwards.
If not serving on the day ( Whaaaat I did not Just say that) forget that I did who does that anyway Haha 😂
No seriously! If you do Once completely cooled removed baking paper carefully & Place it in an airtight container & place in the fridge to firm up so it slices better. ( Plus cake always taste better the next day. )
Thank you for reading & if you do decide to try it then please let me know how it was for you.